Picture and recipe link for vegan pesto: https://food52.com/blog/6779-vegan-pesto-yes-you-can
This week will be my first time so I’m trying this out – Meal prepping! I’m making a schedule for my meals so I don’t eat too much or buy too much (on a budget). I’m also putting in a bit of my week schedule for nights I’m eating out etc 🙂 One of my issues here in Bangkok is that there is a limit to the food stuff I can buy – mostly because I’m used to Western foods such as spinach which I can’t seem to find here. Especially vegetarian or vegan meat replacements here are mostly either tofu, or these weird tasteless balls of I-don’t-even-know-what’s-in-there.
Breakfast is always the option of: eggs (1 or 2) and vegetables with optional a slice of bread or fruit OR homemade non-dairy yoghurt (a tube of egg-tofu mixed with unsweetened soy milk) with muesli and fruit.
In between snacks are always options of: one piece of fruit, some vegetables, a slice of bread with peanut butter, a hand of nuts, a small bowl of popcorn. I drink a whole lotta water, and often leave water in the fridge overnight with some mint or ginger or lime or something.
After dinner I allow myself a small cube of super dark chocolate 🙂 (non-vegan)
- Breakfast: muesli with homemade soy yoghurt
- Lunch at Terminal 21: rice with veggies and tofu. Bubble green tea. Sweet beans.
- Dinner: Tomato-pepper soup
1 red bell pepper
1 small carrot (and some celery if you like)
2 white onions
3 garlic cloves
Chili, cumin, nutmeg, oregano, optionally a vegan broth for basis
Whole tomatoes (4) or a can of whole tomatoes
2 slices of bread or 40g dry pasta
Roast bell pepper, onion and garlic. Cook broth with tomatoes, add spices and roast. Blend if you have one. Add pasta, or serve with bread.
- Workout: swimming, 25 mins run
- Snacks: before my run, I had two hands of trailmix. After my run, I also had an egg-tofu roll with cinnamon, a bit of sugar and a spoon of peanutbutter
- Breakfast: two eggs scrambled with salt, pepper and currypowder, some veggies, 3 rambutan and a tiny banana
- Lunch: Tomato-pepper soup and a small side of curry (no rice)
- Dinner: almond-olive pasta
40g dry pasta
cherry tomatoes or roasted tomatoes
1 red bell pepper
basil, salt, pepper
Roast almonds and bell pepper. Cook broccoli, pasta and egg. Combine 🙂
- Workout: bootcamp
- Snacks: My snacks today are a frozen banana with peanut butter and cinnamon, a small bowl (but somewhat excessive..) of trailmix and a small piece of frozen watermelon. I had two coffees.
Chatuchak plant market!
- Lunch: Avocado-sprout sandwich (this is for one portion)
2 slices of bread
a hand of sprouts
200g baked mushrooms or 1 egg
Pepper, salt, vinegar
100g mixed lettuce
Toast bread, fill with ingredients, enjoy!
- Dinner: lentil-salad
200g mixed lettuce
lime, optional: blueberries, pumpkin seeds from the curry pumpkin
Noodles (glass, egg or other)
Grill/bake the zucchini, onion and garlic, boil the lentils. Combine. Serve noodles with mint as side.
- Workout: running
Seminar on equality in Thailand
- Lunch: almond-olive pasta
- Dinner: chickpea curry
Pumpkin (quarter): save the seeds for another dish!
Garlic, curcuma, chili, cumin, curry spices, optionally a curry paste
Coconut milk (200 ml)
Wax gourd (half)
Stick all the spices and veggies in a pot and let simmer until soft!
Rice, wholegrain or similar (80g total, so 40g dry per portion)
- Workout: yoga
UN intern humanitarian happy hour
- Lunch: lentil salad
- Dinner: vegan pizza (this is for one portion)
sundried tomatoes (preferably not on oil base)
Pesto made from: basil, arugola, walnuts, nutritional yeast, oil, garlic and lemon juice
Extra walnuts and arugola to top it off after baking 🙂
- Workout: cycling
Saturday: non-planned meal day
- Workout: high intensity interval training
Sunday: left-over day
- Workout: resting day
Total shopping list:
canned or fresh tomatoes
pizza dough (ready to use or homemade)
mixed greens (400g)
rice (wholegrain or similar)
Pasta (wholegrain or similar)
2 red bell peppers
condiments and spices: curry spices/paste, cumin, nutmeg, pepper, salt, broth, oregano, chili, oil, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, curcuma